. savory pizza oats .
Who says you can only have oatmeal for breakfast? This pizza inspired bowl of oats makes for a perfect savory lunch or dinner.
Ingredients (serves one)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup veggie/chicken broth
- 1 – 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast (depending on how “cheesy” you want them)
- 1 egg white
- 1 wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese
- 3 – 4 crimini mushrooms, sliced
- handful of spinach
- ¼ cup pasta sauce
- 2 Tbsp. hummus
- Bring broth to a boil over medium heat.
- Add oats, reduce heat, and cook until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Slowly add the egg white, stirring constantly until it’s been evenly distributed.
- Stir in the nutritional yeast, Laughing Cow wedge, mushroom slices, and spinach, turn the heat to low, and cover the pot; this will allow the spinach to wilt and the egg to fully cook. It should be done after ~ 5 minutes, but you can continue cooking until your desired consistency is reached.
- Transfer the oats to a bowl and top with pasta sauce and hummus.
- Optional: throw in a crumbled veggie burger and some greens for a complete meal.