. pumpkin chili mexican scramble .
The beans and egg whites in this dish give it a filling protein punch, while the addition of salsa and avocado provide a Mexican twist to an other wise earthy chilli.
Ingredients (serves one)
- ½cup mixed, frozen vegetables (corn, peas, carrots, green beans)
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup kidney beans
- ½ tsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. turmeric
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- handful of spinach
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- Defrost frozen veggies.
- Over medium heat, saute the frozen veggies in coconut oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add pumpkin puree, beans, and spices, mixing until fully combined.
- Cover and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour egg whites over the pumpkin mixture, incorporating slightly. Toss in a handful of spinach, cover, and let cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- When egg whites begin to set and spinach has wilted, stir entire mixture to combine evenly, letting cook a few more minutes.
- When slightly cooled, transfer to a bowl, top with a dollop of salsa, the sliced avocado, and enjoy!